Table of Contents
Disney+ will premiere the annual virtual event on September 8, 2022, which is hosted by the Walt Disney Company to promote its Disney+, Hulu, and Star+ streaming services. Watch International Disney+ Day 2022 which will feature announcements of upcoming feature films and TV series from these services produced by the Walt Disney Studios.
The event was inaugurated in 2021 on the second anniversary of Disney+, but it was poorly received by viewers and commentators alike, with criticism toward Disney’s decision to publish its announcements in the form of a Twitter thread as well as the minimal amount of new footage shown.
Quick steps: How to watch shows and movies on Disney+ using a VPN
Select a VPN service that is optimized for streaming. We recommend ExpressVPN OR NordVPN . It has multiple plans you can choose from .
Download the VPN and connect to a US server.
Log in to Disney.
Find International Disney+ Day 2022 and stream it no matter where you are.
Why is Disney+ restricted outside the US?
Many streaming services restrict their content from being accessed by people in countries other than the US, which means that there’s a whole world of entertainment that opens up when you start using a reliable, high-speed VPN service.
But is a VPN only for streaming?
Not at all. A reliable VPN (like the ones we recommend below) can come in handy in many other ways. Say, you’re buying air tickets for an upcoming trip. Browse the travel website after connecting to a server in a different country using a VPN service: you’ll get different rates! Bargain hunters save up to hundreds of dollars on a single trip using this method.
Or, say, you’re traveling abroad. If you connect to public Wifi networks (hotels, cafes, airports) with a strong VPN service, you’ll have the peace of mind that your personal data (banking info, emails, pictures etc.) on your device are secure.
Btw, there’s a nifty comparison of our recommended VPNs at the end of this article. [Go to VPN comparison]
What happens on International Disney+ Day?
Disney+ Day is a day dedicated to honoring the efforts that propelled the streaming service to fame, including enduring classics like The Mandalorian and Loki as well as recent and future productions like Thor: Love and Thunder, Pinocchio, She-Hulk, and others.
All of the Disney+ brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star in global markets, will have new releases on that day, along with behind-the-scenes videos and clips.
The celebration will also feature:
- Deals and promotions across Disney’s theme parks.
- AMC theaters will have live screenings of Disney, Star Wars and Marvel classics for the event.
- This year Disney+ Day will start the D23 Expo, a Disney fan event that takes place in Anaheim, California, that will run from September 9 to September 11.
- Disney Parks and Resorts around the world and the Disney Cruise Line are also going to be celebrating the day, offering photo opportunities, character moments and more.
- shopDisney.com will have special offers as well.
- Various updates and promotions as the day goes on.
Is there an International Disney+ Day Trailer?
Check out the official trailer of the upcoming International Disney Plus Day:
What to expect from International Disney+ Day 2022 Premiere?
Disney Plus will launch plenty of exciting films and series on Disney+ for Disney+ Day on September 8, 2022. The complete schedule of events for the celebration is listed below:
- Thor: Love and Thunder
- Marvel Studios Assembled: The Making of Thor: Love and Thunder
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return
- Frozen and Frozen 2 Sing-Alongs
- Welcome to the Club (a Simpsons short film)
- Dancing With the Stars: The Pros’ Most Memorable Dances
- Tierra Incógnita
- Pinocchio (2022)
- She-Hulk: Attorney at Law
- Cars on the Road
- Growing Up
- Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory
What else is happening at International Disney+ Day?
- On September 8, 2022, Disney+ subscribers will receive unique perks at the parks if they have a valid ticket or Annual Pass and theme park reservations. All Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort theme parks are open to them 30 minutes before regular park opening.
- The “real stars” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disneyland are Disney+ subscribers owing to character meet-and-greets, marches, and other surprises that will unfold throughout the day.
- There will be complimentary Disney PhotoPass digital downloads via the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Disneyland Resort theme parks for Disney+ subscribers.
- The day will conclude with a special Disney+ screening for guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels who are invited to Movie Under the Stars at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
- At Disneyland Resort in California, there will be commemorative chalk art at the Downtown Disney District and at the Disneyland Hotel, photo opportunities as well as fun and festive food and beverage throughout the Disneyland Resort.
- Using Disney PhotoPass Lenses for Disney+ Day, fans are invited to enhance their selfie game and participate in the celebrations virtually. These limited-time-only lenses will be accessible to those celebrating in the parks or at home in the United States via Snapchat and the My Disney Experience app. Guests will be enabled to Don festive Mickey ears or invited to Groot to make a cameo.
What should you know about International Disney+ Day Screenings?
AMC Theaters Disney Plus Day Screenings will be held from September 8–19 at a few AMC Theater locations due to a cooperation between Disney Plus and AMC Theaters.
The 11-day event will feature Encanto, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Thor: Ragnarok, Cars, and Newsies, among other movies..
Disney Plus subscribers will receive a special concessions offer, but general admission tickets were on sale on September 1 at the cost of $5 per screening. Attendees will also receive a complimentary Disney Plus poster along with the movie.
Which D23 Expo 2022 panels can you live stream?
Although it’s disappointing, some of the convention’s biggest panels can be viewed online by people who cannot attend the expo.
D23 Expo 2022 Live Stream Schedule:
The full schedule of D23 Expo 2022 presentations that you can live stream on is listed below (all times are Pacific Standard Time):
Friday, September 9th 2022
1. Disney Legends Award Ceremony (10:30 AM)
The epic Disney Legends Awards Ceremony will launch Disney100 at D23 Expo that will feature Disney CEO Bob Chapek along with tribute to the visionaries and creators who have had a significant impact on the Disney legacy. Stay tuned to know which celebrities are among this year’s awardees.
2. Disney & Marvel Games Showcase (1 PM)
Stay tuned to the Disney & Marvel Games Showcase for announcements, trailers, and reveals for new and upcoming games from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Studios.
3. Disney For Scores Podcast Live Celebrates Marvel Music (2:30 PM)
Stay tuned to know the secrets of creating the Marvel storytelling’s powerful music in Disney For Scores Podcast Live. Variety’s Jon Burlingame will host the event for the celebration to interview your favorite Marvel series and films’ composers.
4. Disney Legends in Conversation (4 PM)
Tune into an informative discussion about the illustrious careers of Disney Legends’ newest members.
5. D23 Expo Mousequerade 2022 (6 PM)
D23 Expo will welcome back The Ultimate Disney Costume Contest! Stay tuned as we will present the most iconic works of the Disney cosplay fandom. Additionally, this year’s new feature will allow the show’s viewers at D23 Expo and at home to vote for “Fan Favorite” and determine the winner.
Saturday, September 10th 2022
1. Talkin’ Pets with the Vets of National Geographic (10:30 AM)
Join Tamron Hall and National Geographic’s vet stars for an endearing look at this popular series’ making-of segment (Tamron Hall Show).
2. Bob’s Burgers (12 PM)
This critically acclaimed animated series, Emmy® Award-winning, will debut at the D23 Expo right after The Bob’s Burgers Movie. During a witty panel discussion, the cast and creators will break news and make you laugh out loud.
3. MARVEL COMICS: Celebrating 60 Years of the Amazing Spider-Man (2 PM)
Celebrate Spider Man’s 60 magnificent and sensational years. Join Executive Editor Nick Lowe and Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski to explore the webbed marvel’s history in comic books throughout the course of the past 60 years and beyond.
4. Disney’s Epic Entertainment Showcase: The Musical: The Extravaganza! (3:30PM)
Tune into Disney Branded Television for a special presentation that celebrates a history of outstanding storytelling, including performances by talent, and features never-before-seen sneak peeks of Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior’s original content.
5. D23 Disney Stars Trivia Showdown (6 PM)
Join the legendary RuPaul’s Drag Race, Hairspray on Tour, and D23 Mousequerade 2022’s Nina West. She will guide eager celebrity contestants and audience through a kaleidoscopic world of larger-than-life Disney Games, including Disney Trivia, physical challenges, and much more.
6. The Making of Disney100: The Exhibition (6:30 PM)
Walt Disney Archives, Semmel Exhibitions, and Studio TK’s producers will reveal intriguing details about the all-new exhibition celebrating 100 Years of Disney Wonder, premiering in February 2023 at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia.
Sunday, September 11th 2022
1. A Boundless Future: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (10:30 AM)
2. Walt Disney Imagineering: 70 Years of Making the Impossible, Possible (1 PM)
3. Explore the World with the Next Generation of National Geographic! (3:45 PM)
4. D23 Disney Stars Trivia Showdown (5 PM)
How are the fans reviewing International Disney+ Day on social media?
Where to watch International Disney+ Day?
International Disney+ Day can be watched on Disney+.
What are the best VPNs to watch International Disney+ Day from anywhere?
- 5 Simultaneous Connection
- Advanced VPN server Technology
Enjoy Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and other sites with a VPN
Server Locations available globally
Servers accesible across 94 Countries
- PIA VPN5
- PIA VPN5