Here’s how to watch HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV.
HBO Max is one of the most favorite Fire TV Stick applications if you’re looking for high-end quality entertainment.
The app began broadcasting on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Smart TV Edition TV and Fire Tablets on Tuesday, November 17, approximately six months after launch.
“We’ve worked closely with HBO over the years to deliver their great content to Fire TV and make it easy to find and enjoy features like search integration, Alexa and personalized recommendations,” said Marc Whitten, vice president of Amazon Entertainment Devices. and Services, in a statement. “We are excited to continue our relationship with the launch of HBO Max to deliver excellent content to customers on Fire TV. Alexa, plays Raid by Wolves. “
How to Watch HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV
Download the VPN and connect to a US server.
Log in to HBO.
Find your favorite movie or show and stream it no matter where you are.
How to install HBO Max in FireStick
- Once you have subscribed to the service, you need to install the HBO Max app on FireStick to start streaming live your favorite content. Follow the steps below to install the app on your Fire TV device:
- Click Get Search Next on FireStick Home Screen
- Note: If you are using an older version of Fire TV OS, click the search option in the upper right corner of the screen (magnifying glass icon)
- Type the name of the app (i.e., HBO Max) using the on-screen keyboard (usually, you just need to type the first few characters)
- Click HBO Max when it appears in search results
- Now, select the HBO Max tile in the Apps and Subscriptions section (you may need to scroll down to view this section)
- Click Find when you download HBO Max from FireStick for the first time. If you have downloaded the app before, you should see the download option instead
- Wait while FireStick downloads and installs the app. This may take a minute or two
- Once the application is installed, click Open to launch it
- If you want to use the app later, give me the steps to get to the next step
- How to use and access HBO Max in FireStick
- Now that you’ve installed HBO Max on your Fire TV device, let’s see how you can access and use the app. Once you know how it is done, you can skip this section.
- On your FireStick Home screen, click the 3-dot icon in the middle (next to the Settings icon) Note: If you are still using the old Fire TV OS, press the Home button on your remote 5 times. seconds and click Applications on the popup screen.
- In the next window, select and click the HBO Max tile to open the application. If you do not see an application in this window, click the All Your Apps option below.
- If you want to move the HBO Max to the FireStick home screen, press the menu button (3-row button) on the remote control. Click Move in the popup menu on the right. Drag and move the app to the top row.
- Wait while the HBO Max app loads. It should not take more than a few seconds.
- When you start the app for the first time (and you are not logged in), you will see the following screen. Click Sign In if you have already signed up for the HBO Max. If you are not already registered, click Register Now or follow the registration steps I gave in the first step.
- When you click Sign In, you see a code window. As mentioned, visit hbomax.com/tvsignin in any web browser on your computer or mobile device. Enter the code displayed on your FireStick screen
- This is the HBO Max home screen on FireStick once you’re signed in. You can scroll down and browse for a variety of content available in many categories.
- If you scroll down, you also see the HBO Max Hubs category. Here, you will find a list of all channels and sources where this service gets its content, including HBO, DC, TCM, Cartoon Network, and more.
Best VPN to watch HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV
There are many VPNs on the market and many of them promise to unblock, but not all of them work. It’s important to choose a provider with reliable connections and fast speeds because streaming in HD requires lots of bandwidth. Of the tried and tested VPNs, we have come up with the two most reliable VPNs available in the market.
The key features we looked for in a VPN
- Large server network with servers in
- Fast connections for smooth HD streaming
- Strong encryption and privacy features to protect your data
- User-friendly apps for all devices
Fastest VPN for HBO Max (Updated November 28, 2022)
VPN App 97.90 Mbps
Browser Ext 90.60 Mbps
Supported DevicesWindowsMacAndroidiOSLinuxroutersChromebookVPN for Kindle Fire Show More Less
Why ExpressVPN is the best VPN for HBO Max
ExpressVPN is always on top when it comes to a fast, optimized network of servers that work with streaming services like HBO Max, HBO Now, and HBO Go. They guarantee delivery of HBO Max content in high video quality without compromising security, privacy or leaving any traces of your online activity.
In our testing, ExpressVPN performed spectacularly. We mainly focused on their ability to unblock HBO Max and to our surprise they have surpassed all other VPN providers when it comes to speed, which is a big plus. Our base speed, which was 100Mbps, was downgraded by only 2 to 3%. A reduction to 98 Mbps is not a big deal considering other VPNs downgrade speed by up to 50%
How ExpressVPN unblocks HBO Max?
HBO Max, after witnessing the surge in their subscribers, started a crackdown on VPN and proxy IPs, making it difficult to bypass HBO Max’s geo-restricted content for a long time. However, ExpressVPN transports traffic for HBO Max separately through white-listed residential IPs from credible vendors, making it impossible for HBO Max to trace your real or VPN IP.
Why is ExpressVPN the fastest VPN for HBO Max?
ExpressVPN spent heavily on their infrastructure. This is the reason they charge a premium. They don't compromise on quality, especially when it comes to speed. In our examination, we came to know that ExpressVPN fuels more than 800 Mbps on different nodes of residential IPs, turbo-charging their network. On top of that, their world-class infrastructure and quality apps make it very easy to connect to HBO Max in just a couple of clicks and without any disruption or detection by HBO Max.
Servers in the US: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Lincoln Park, Los Angeles, Miami, New Jersey, New York, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tampa, Washington DC.
- Fastest VPN for HBO Max in our testing, compared to all other VPNs
- 30-days money back guarantee
- Top-rated VPN by all industry experts and critics
- Performed and worked under all circumstances
- High quality video content for HBO Max without buffering
- Seamless streaming on HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, Disney, Amazon Prime Video and all other US platforms
- Top-notch security and privacy, making you untraceable online
- Premium and expensive compared to other VPNs
- Browser extension performed slightly worse than others
We also noticed that ExpressVPN’s smart DNS feature lets you untap exotic locations to stream content, which is otherwise impossible. Then there is the whole world of torrenting that opens up, that too without leaving a trace. This is great for those who love binging on shows.
PureVPN guarantees you the best browsing and streaming experience for HBO Max and other similar on-demand channels across the globe. Over the years, due to the popularity of HBO Max across the globe, this VPN has improvised itself quite significantly, and invested heavily into its infrastructure, particularly for HBO Max, to provide their user base a smooth streaming experience.
How's the performance of PureVPN apps in terms of speed?
PureVPN offers a wide range of apps for almost all devices, however, one of the important factors for any streamer is the speed at which they can browse their favorite content. PureVPN spends heavily on Netflix when it comes to speed, however, for HBO Max, we have experienced a downgrade of base speed by up to 15%. During our test, our speed was 100 Mbps. However, after successfully unblocking HBO Max through their browser extension, we faced a drop in our speed and it reduced to 85 Mbps. Considering their subscription price, which is quite low, an average streaming user may settle on it. Even if you face a disconnection, you can just reconnect again to continue browsing HBO Max seamlessly.
Since HBO Max is a US-based streaming platform, it's important to check how many diversified locations servers PureVPN has in the USA. During our test, we found that they have servers in Miami, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Chicago, New Jersey, New York, Houston, Atlanta, Washington DC, Ashburn, San Francisco, Seattle, and Salt Lake City.
- Most competitive price than any other VPN in the market (best value)
- Other than HBO Max, they unblock thousands of channels across entertainment, sports, news categories, making them a strong contender
- Recently they improved their speed for HBO Max
- 24/7 infrastructure and system to provide uninterrupted support to unblock HBO Max without letting users face downtime
- 6,500+ servers in 78 countries and 96 locations
- After connecting to Hulu, they reduced our 100 Mbps speed to 85 Mbps
- Not all apps work smoothly for HBO Max just like their browser extension
You’ll need a VPN to avoid being blocked and view the popular streaming service from wherever, whether you’re an US ex-pat or traveling overseas. You can skip these stumbling obstacles and binge-watch your favorite shows by using PureVPN on your streaming device. Watch fantastic US TV episodes and movies at blazing fast rates.
Top updates from Amazon:
5.0 5 stars Excellent app
Updated United States May 31, 2021
I’m tired of leaving updates.
Donna Marie Estes
5.0 5 stars My Subscription for Favorite New Stream. Excellent original content and favorites.
Updated in the United States June 13, 2021
The quality of the broadcast is excellent. Very nice picture. I highly recommend this channel for content and quality.
5.0 stars out of 5 HBO Max stars should already be loaded on the stick
Updated in the United States on December 27, 2020
It works well, no delays, like voice command.
Most important updates on Amazon:
3.0 out of 5 stars Trying to cancel is a nightmare. Be careful !!
Updated in the United States January 1, 2021
A 7-day free trial is being held. Trying to cancel without being charged was even worse. At least trying to figure out where to go canceling was.
1.0 stars out of 5 As live streaming via dialing connection
Updated in the United States June 7, 2021
Confusing UI. Poor performance …
1.0 out of 5 stars No options
Updated in the United States March 16, 2021
There are no options
Movies and TV series The improper download of the Fire Stick HBO Max application is usually the result of the HBO Max service slowing down, slow or disconnected internet connection, or some type of software problem involving an app or Fire Stick operating system.
HBO Max playback issues with Amazon Fire Stick Stickers are often caused by problems with the HBO Max streaming service itself, corrupted app data, or incomprehensible conflicts created between user accounts and Fire Stick hardware. Slow internet connection is also a common cause of Fire Stick HBO Max problems.
HBO allows you to watch all popular TV shows, movies, documents, and other types of content under one roof. If you have subscribed to HBO in your archive, you do not need to look for other entertainment options and reasons to consider whether you can get the HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV.
So, now watch HBO Max on Amazon Fire TV. That being said, you should stick to a reliable VPN service that will help you fulfill your HBO streaming ambitions without breaking your bank.