Table of Contents
Disney Plus is the home for movies and tv shows from the most demanded platforms: Disney, Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. It houses all 32 seasons of The Simpsons and produces original movies and TV shows. The streaming service is highly demanded worldwide! The service is available in selected countries and compatible with a massive range of devices- including the Panasonic Smart TV! We have a complete guide on how to watch Disney Plus on Panasonic Smart TV.
Which Panasonic TV Models Support Disney Plus?
The Disney Plus app is compatible with all Panasonic TVs launched from 2017 onwards. The models should be 4K Panasonic TVs with the ‘my Home Screen’ option. These include the EZ, FZ, GZ, HZ, JZ series 4K OLED and the EX, FX, GX, HX, JX series 4K LED.
Any device or model which came before the above-stated models will not have the Disney Plus available.
How To Download The Disney Plus App on Panasonic Smart TV:
Since the streaming service launched in 2019, it wasn’t made available on Panasonic TVs. It was probably due to the absence of Panasonic TVs from the United States TV market. However, Disney Plus was added to Panasonic Smart TVs two years after its launch in September 2021. To get the Disney Plus app on your Panasonic TV, follow these steps:
- Launch your Panasonic Smart TV and connect your device to a stable wi-fi network. (Make sure your internet connectivity is good quality and is at least 25 Mbps to stream 4K UHD content on the app).
- Horizontally scroll through the Apps tab and click on the ‘Google Play Store.’
- Click on the search icon and enter ‘Disney Plus’ in the search bar.
- Click on ‘Install’ to download the app on your Panasonic TV.
- Select ‘Open’ to open the app, enter your Disney Plus credentials, and continue to stream your favorite content on Disney Plus.
An Alternate Way To Stream Disney Plus on Panasonic Smart TV:
If, for some reason, you can’t find or download the Disney Plus app on your Panasonic Smart TV, here’s an alternate way to stream Disney Plus on your Panasonic TV:
How To Get Disney Plus on Your Panasonic Smart TV Through Chromecast:
- Go to the Play Store on your Android Smartphone or Tablet.
- Install the Disney Plus app on it.
- Connect your Android smartphone or tablet to the same Wi-fi connection as your Panasonic Smart TV.
- Open the Disney Plus app on your Android device and sign in using your Disney Plus credentials.
- Once you are logged in, a ‘Cast’ icon will appear on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Cast icon, and the available casting devices will appear on the screen connected to your Wi-fi connection.
- Choose your Panasonic Smart TV and play any movie or episode of your favorite series on your Android device. The video will be cast on your Panasonic Smart TV and start playing.
- Close the Disney Plus app on your Android device or tap on the cast icon above to stop the casting.
How To Get Disney Plus On Your Panasonic Smart TV with Airplay:
If you own an iOS device, you could also get Disney Plus on your Panasonic Smart TV through Airplay. Disney Plus has a built-in Airplay feature in the app, so this is how you can get the app on your TV:
- Couple your Apple TV box with your Panasonic Smart TV.
- Download the Disney Plus app on your iOS device and sign in using your credentials.
- Connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-fi connection.
- Open the Disney Plus app on your iOS device and choose the movie or tv show you wish to watch.
- Play the video on your iOS and tap the Airplay icon on your screen.
- A list of available devices will appear on your screen. Select your Apple TV, and the video will start playing on your Panasonic Smart TV connected to your Apple TV.
If your Panasonic Smart TV is an older version, you could also try watching Disney Plus on your Panasonic Smart TV through a browser. Download a web browser on your Panasonic TV or use the one already installed. Search for Disney Plus on the web browser search and watch Disney Plus on its website. However, there have been many complaints regarding the slow functioning of Disney Plus on a web browser. So if you are looking for speed, we recommend casting your preferred Disney Plus movie/show through your Android device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Disney Plus app available on Panasonic Smart TV?
Yes, the Disney Plus app was launched on Panasonic Smart Ts in September 2021. However, it is only available in models launched in 2017 and later.
Can I stream Disney Plus on my Panasonic Smart TV?
Yes, you can watch your favorite Disney Plus content on your Panasonic Smart TV model made in 2017 or later. Note that the service isn’t available on models before 2017.
Is there an alternate way for me to watch Disney Plus without upgrading my Panasonic TV?
Yes, you can cast your Disney Plus movie/tv show on your Panasonic TV through Chromecast or Airplay. You can also use your Panasonic Smart TV browser or an HDMI cable to connect your laptop to your TV.
Why can’t I get Disney Plus on my Panasonic Smart TV?
If the app isn’t available on your Panasonic TV, your TV might not be compatible with Disney Plus. You’re running an older version. Consider upgrading your Panasonic TV to a model from 2017 or later. Or try using alternate options stated in the article above.
Wrapping it up!
Since Disney Plus was launched on Panasonic TVs in September 2021, fans have been nothing less than stoked. Since fans had to go through a lot to watch Disney Plus on their Panasonic Smart TVs using alternate options, the arrival of Disney Plus on it has been more than welcomed. The above article guides you on which Panasonic TV series devices have the Disney Plus app available and how to get Disney Plus on your compatible Panasonic TVs and the non-compatible ones. We hope you enjoy your Streaming!