BBC iPlayer is region locked and unlock it in Singapore one needs to have a reliable VPN. with a VPN you can unlock BBC iPlayer for free and enjoy its famous shows and sports for free.
Here’s a quick summary of what you will read below:
- How to get BBC iPlayer
- Step by Step Guide to watch BBC iPlayer
- How to Sign Up for BBC iPlayer
- How to Pay for BBC iPlayer
- How to watch BBC iPlayer without paying a single penny in Singapore
- UK based Postal Codes
How to get BBC iPlayer?
You can watch British TV shows in Singapore by using any of the methods mentioned.
- VPN: A VPN will simply mask your real IP address and provide you with a new one, in this way BBC iPlayer will not know that you are accessing BBC iPlayer content from Singapore.
- Proxy: Proxy servers basically stop the internet traffic from traveling. But they are not safe.
- SmartDNS: They only mask the Domain Name system and locations of the users, but SmartDNS are not that effective in unlocking many streaming platforms.
After analyzing all the above mentioned options we found VPNs to be the safest option. With a VPN you can change your complete IP address and you can enjoy content from anywhere. And VPNs are better because by using a VPN you will be able to unlock other OTTs as well.
How To Watch BBC iPlayer in Singapore? Just a few steps
Download the VPN and connect to a UK server.
Log in to BBC iPlayer.
Find your favorite movie or show and stream it no matter where you are.
How Can I Sign up For BBC iPlayer in Singapore
The BBC iPlayer registration process is as simple as any other streaming service.
- Go to the website of BBC iPlayer, then click the Login button.
- Since you do not have an account, you must click the Register Now button below.
- Choose your age group.
- Tell BBC iPlayer your birth date.
- You have to grant an email address and also create a password for your account.
- When you have completed all the requirements, click the Register button, and then you will get a confirmation email.
The Best VPNs to Watch BBC iPlayer in Singapore
In our testing, ExpressVPN performed spectacularly. We mainly focus on their streaming ability and to our surprise they have surpassed all other VPN providers when it comes to speed, which is a big plus.
You will experience no noticeable drop in speed, which is quite common when you connect to a VPN. However, ExpressVPN provides seamless streaming and that too with a wide range of options (Netflix, HBOMax, Hulu, Disney+, Hotstar, Paramount+, Peacock, BBCiPlayer and many other streaming and sports channels). Buying ExpressVPN not only brings you peace of mind, but also unblocks thousands of streaming platforms and channels from around the world.
- Fastest VPN, with the most premium features among all VPN services
- Seamless streaming on Servus TV, ESPN, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Paramount+, Peacock, Disney+, Hotstar and thousands of other streaming and sports channels.
- Solid back-end infrastructure and Zero Logs.
- Always-available customer support.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Torrenting with no bandwidth caps.
- Supported devices include Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, Firestick, Kodi
- A bit expensive than other VPN services
- Their browser extension is slightly slower
The other factor that gives them a leg up is their security infrastructure and zero-log policy that makes your online activity completely invisible or untraceable on the internet.
We also noticed that ExpressVPN’s smart DNS feature lets you untap exotic locations to stream content, which is otherwise impossible. Then there the whole world of torrenting that opens up, that too without leaving a trace. This is great for those who love binging on shows.
In our testing, PureVPN turned out to be the best VPN for streaming movies, shows and sports on platforms like Servus TV, ESPN, HBO Max, Disney Plus, Paramount Plus, BBC iPlayer, Prime Video, and Showtime. It also gave us access to all the Netflix libraries we tried to access, including US, UK, Australia, Canada, and Japan. We recommend it for its impressive speed and reliable connection.
What are the price and plans for BBC iPlayer?
The Good news is BBC iPlayer is free for those residing in the UK. All you need is a Cable connection to watch BBC iPlayer content from the comfort of your home in the UK.
But what to do if you reside outside the UK? Or How to pay for BBC iPlayer of You reside outside the UK?
The answer is very simple, all you need to do is connect to a reliable VPN app to watch BBC iPlayer in Singapore.
How to watch BBC iPlayer without paying a single penny in Singapore
Follow the simple steps below to watch BBC iPlayer without paying a single penny in Singapore:
- Get a VPN (We recommend ExpressVPN and PureVPN)
- Connect to UK server
- Click on register now
- Fill in your credentials and select your gender
- Now add a UK based postal code to your information (You can use “SW1W 0NY”)
- Now it will ask about the TV license and you will see the following message on your screen “Got a TV License? You need one to watch any BBC programme on iPlayer
- Select “I have a License” and it wont ask for further details.
- That is it, your BBC iPlayer account has been created now you can access BBC iPlayer content in Singapore
UK based Postal Codes to sign up for BBC iPlayer in Singapore
Here is a list of UK based postal codes to sign up for BBC iPlayer in Singapore:
|States or Territories||Postal Code|
- Compatible Devices
- What to watch on BBC iPlayer
- Shows and Documentaries available on BBC iPlayer in 4K HDR Quality
- Sports to watch on BBC iPlayer
- What’s new on BBC iPlayer in October 2022
- BBC iPlayer Alternatives
Which Devices are compatible with BBC iPlayer?
Here’s the list of devices that are compatible with BBC iPlayer :
What to watch on BBC iPlayer?
|TV Shows||Documentaries||Films||Horror movies||Comedy Programmes|
|Life||Your Queen||The Incredibles||I walked with a zombie||Ghost series|
|What We Do in The Shadows||Russia’s torture prison||Late Night||Night of the living dead||Am I Being unreasonable|
|The Watch||Panorama||Eighth Grade||The Relic||Here we go|
|The Pursuit of Love||Lion the rise and fall of the marsh pride||The Most Beautiful Boy in the World||The Fear of God: 25 Years of The Exorcist||The Outlaws|
|Luther||The Queen and Us||The Sisters Brothers||What we do in the shadows||Better Things series 1-5|
|The Terror||Frozen Planet||The Bling Ring||The Babadook||Mum|
Which Dramas are available on BBC iplayer in 4K HDR Quality
Currently you can watch the following Dramas in 4K quality on BBC iPlayer:
Nature shows and Documentaries available on BBC iplayer in 4K HDR Quality
Which sports can I watch on BBC iPlayer
Following are the sports which you can enjoy on BBC iPlayer:
- FIFA World Cup Qatar
- Rugby league World Cup for Men
- Rugby League Women’s World Cup
- Wheelchair World Cup
What’s new on BBC iPlayer in October 2022
- Reel Stories (Music)
- Later…the Jools Holland (Music)
- Robbie Williams: One Night at the Palladium (Music)
- TOTP2 (Music)
- The Last Right
- The Ipcress File
- The Ranganation Season 5
- Zen Motoring
- We are England
- The Graham Norton Show
- Sensationalists: The Bad Girls and boys of british arts series
- Crimewatch Live Season 16
- London Kills
- Stitch, please!
- Hot Cakes
- The Color Purple
- Leigh Anne: Race, Pop and Power
BBC iPlayer Alternatives
For your ease in choosing among the OTTs, we have compared BBC iPlayer with some OTTs for you to decide which OTT to buy.
Netflix vs BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer vs Disney Plus
BBC iPlayer vs Peacock
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can watch BBC iPlayer abroad. All you have to do is download and install the VPN on your router or computer. PureVPN is recommended because it is reliable and does not slow down your internet connection.
It costs nothing to watch BBC iPlayer, if you are a UK resident it is free for you, but if you reside outside the UK, you will need to pay for a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer.
No, it’s not illegal to watch BBC iPlayer using a VPN. However, using a VPN violates the BBC iPlayer Terms of Service. Still, that doesn’t mean it’s illegal. The worst thing that can happen is that the BBC will ban your account if you get caught using a VPN.
Creating an account outside the UK is not complicated at.
Yes, BBC iPlayer is a free streaming service only available to residents in the UK
Only United Kingdom residents can watch BBC iPlayer. It means that you can only watch it as long as you have an IP address of the UK. Hence, if you live outside England, BBC iPlayer content will not be available to you.
For example, if you visit BBC iPlayer in Singapore and click on the title, this message will appear at the top of your screen:
BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues
Fortunately, there is a way to solve this issue. A VPN is all you need, what a VPN does?
The VPN has the ability to alternate your IP address to a UK IP address and the BBC iPlayer will consider you a UK resident.
It is true that whenever you will create a BBC iPlayer account it will ask for a TV license and show the following message on your screen: “Got a License” “you need one to watch any BBC iPlayer live catch up or on demand. its the law”. But if you don’t have a TV license and you reside outside the UK, all you need to do is simply click on “I have a TV License” BBC iPlayer won’t ask for any further details and your account will be easily created.
-Should be Safe for the user
-Should have maximum Streaming optimized servers in the United Kingdom
-It should be able to unlock BBC iPlayer as well as other streaming platforms like Disney Plus, Hulu and HBOmax etc.
-Should provide live chat support
-Allows you to stream BBC iPayer on Roku, Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, and Gaming Console
You may encounter an error message often even while using a VPN. If you are already using a VPN and cannot watch BBC iPlayer in Singapore, you may need a better streaming VPN provider, such as PureVPN, for example.
There are some common problems that people encounter. First and foremost, if you receive an error message telling you that BBC iPlayer only works in the UK, it means that your VPN is not working, and you are still connected to a server in Singapore. To fix this issue, check if your VPN is working. If so, it means you need a more reliable VPN.
Mentioned below is a comparison of streaming websites according to their most hyped shows in the month of October. Streaming websites mentioned with ‘⬆️’ means these are better to purchase than the streaming websites marked with ‘⬇️’
⬆️ BBC iPlayer
⬇️ HBO Max
⬆️ Peacock TV
Now you must be confused why we recommended Peacock TV and BBC iPlayer, the reason behind is, if you are on a budget, which most of us are usually on, you can get a VPN subscription and watch Peacock TV and BBC iPlayer content for free.
With the rest of the streaming services you will need to pay more to buy their subscription, but if you choose to save some money, you can always use BBC iPlayer and Peacock TV from the list
-BBC blacklisted the servers used by your VPN
-The GPS location of your device and the IP address are not the same
-BBC iPlayer upgraded its geo-blocking protocols
-Your actual IP address is leaking
-You need to clear cookies
-The VPN you’re using is not capable of unblocking BBC iPlayer
So the above mentioned VPNs will allow you to watch BBC iPlayer in Singapore. We recommend using a PureVPN or ExpressVPN if you want an all-around solution that will allow you to access other region-locked material while also keeping you secure.
These VPN options provide you with several advantages, the most essential of which is a safe surfing experience. It offers unparalleled internet security, protecting your actual identity and data from trackers, marketing agencies, fraudsters, and surveillance groups.