Roku is a set top device that gives users access to various streaming platforms. The device is available in Australia but BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted in Australia. The users can enjoy a lot of content on their TV by using a Roku device, for BBC iPlayer streaming on Roku, the user only requires a VPN. Read this blog and find out how to watch BBC iPlayer on Roku in Australia.
What is Roku?
Roku is a digital media player. The set top device provides the users access to various streaming platforms. The device was first launched in 2008. Unlike home theater PCs, game consoles, or other internet-connected devices, Roku streaming media players have always focused on providing a dead-simple way to access streaming video and audio content on a TV.
Can I use Roku to access BBC iPlayer in Australia?
Yes, BBC iPlayer is compatible with Roku, user can enjoy BBC iPlayer content but you have to create a new UK account on Roku because BBC iPlayer is only available in UK.
Steps to watch BBC iPlayer on Roku in Australia
- Since BBC iPlayer is not available in Australia, you need a VPN
- Firstly get a VPN
- Connect to UK server
- Connect your VPN connected device with a hotspot to your Roku device
- Now Factory reset your Roku device because for BBC iPlayer streaming on Roku you need a British Roku account
- Create another account on Roku and watch BBC iPlayer on Roku.
How do I get a VPN to watch BBC iPlayer on Roku in Australia
- Get a VPN, we recommend ExpressVPN and PureVPN
- Create an account and sign in using your credentials.
- Connect to the UK server.
- Now turn on your device Hotspot.
- Click on your internet connection from the taskbar below.
Now share your internet connection by following these steps
- Select Network & Settings
- Find Mobile Hotspot
- And then Turn on “Share my internet connection”
- Now, select Status and change the adapter option
- Right-click on VPN
- Select Properties
- Select Sharing
- Finally click on “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection” and click OK.
How to factory reset Roku device in Australia
- Connect your Roku device to your TV.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote,.
- Select Settings
- Find Advanced System Settings
- You will find Factory Reset in your advanced settings section.
- Click on Factory Reset again to confirm.
- Enter the special code that is mentioned below.
- The Factory Reset will start automatically.
How do I create a British account on Roku in Australia
- Sign up for a new Roku account
- Enter all the information using your new username and password.
- Enter a unique PIN code.
- Enter your billing information using PayPal or credit/debit card.
- Now press the Home button on your remote.
- Click Streaming Channels > Search Channels.
- Search for BBC iPlayer and click on Add Channel.
- Sign in to your BBC iPlayer account and enjoy it.
That’s all now you can enjoy BBC iPlayer on Roku while residing in Australia